Friday 13 September 2013

What I'm Wearing Weekly: Sept 8-13

Yesterday I posted on being in a work rut and a few decor-related ideas to work through that rut. Today I want to talk about a different kind of rut--a relationship rut.

I've been dating the same wonderful man for almost three years now, and we love each other and are good for each other. Lately, though, both of our busy work schedules have been really impacting our communication and interactions. By the time we both get home, we just want to veg out on the couch and watch TV or surf the internet, neither of which help with establishing intimacy or connection to another person.

This morning we decided to 'unplug' our relationship--establish a no-phone, no-internet time so that we can really focus on each other without outside distractions. I'd also like to spend more time exploring our city and the surrounding areas. He works a lot of weekends, so road trips are a bit infeasible right now, but little day trips can be fun too.

What are some ways you stay close with your significant other? What kinds of activities do you do? I've been feeling a bit frustrated lately that we seem to do the same activities over and over, so I'd love to get some feedback on new, fun ideas!

........


On a lighter note, here's what I wore this week. For other editions of WIWW, please click here, here,  here,  here, here, here, here, here,  here, here,  here,  here, herehere and here :)


What I'm Wearing Weekly: September 8 - 13



I can always tell when I'm getting a bit run-down because my outfits get less creative and more strictly functional--I only wore one piece of jewelry this week! It's funny how a particular set of life stresses trickles into other aspects of your life, huh?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Truth in blogging: In these boards I try to use the exact items I own, but if those items aren't available online I've replaced them with visually similar items. This week, I actually own: Sunday's leggings, Monday's dress and shoes, Tuesday's shoes, Wednesday's skirt, shoes, and necklace, Thursday's dress and shoes, and Friday's dress and shoes. 

1 comment: