Monday 7 October 2013

Packing a Week's Worth of Business Casual in a Carryon

I thought I'd change things up a bit and post What I'm Wearing Weekly at the start of the week!

Today I'm in Anaheim, CA for a couple of back-to-back work conferences. I absolutely hate checking luggage, so I had to pack smart to fit everything for a week's worth of business-casual in a carryon. It's all about bringing easily-mixable clothing! Here's what I brought:


Packing for a Week-long Work Conference



And here's how I'll wear it!

A Week's Worth of Business Casual Conference Wear



Hopefully I'll have time to sneak in some extra-curricular activities, so I had to plan outfits for such adventures as well:

Extracurricular Activies



Some travel tips I've picked up along the way:
  • When you're trying to pack everything in a carryon, pick a baseline color and stick to it. Here, most of my basics (boots, pants, etc) are all black, so they all mix well with the colorful items I brought. If you're more of a brown/tan basics girl, that works well too! Just make sure your big-ticket items all work together.
  • Stripes go with virtually anything. They pair well with patterns, like the floral-print scarf shown, and can be easily dressed up or down. 
  • Dresses are an all-in-one outfit option. You just have to add jewelry and shoes!
  • Wear your bulkiest items on the plane--in my case, my denim jacket and black boots. 
  • Conversely, pack your slimmest items. My silky pink pants pack down tiny and make a major style statement--same goes for silk or chiffon shirts, which can get wrinkly but hotels will have irons :)
  • If you pack mostly basics, pack fun statement necklaces and other jewelry. Scarves pack down tiny too, and packing scarves with lots of colors provides more outfit options.
For other editions of WIWW, please click here,  here,  here,  here, here,  here,  here, here, here, here, here,  here, here,  here,  here, herehere and here :)


Truth in blogging: In these boards I try to use the exact items I own, but if those items aren't available online I've replaced them with visually similar items. This week, I actually own: Travel Day's shirt, bag, and scarf, Monday's dress, necklace, and shoes,  Wednesday's scarf, Thursday's pants, necklace, and shoes, Friday's top and shoes, and Last/Travel day's dress, scarf, and bag. I also own Leisure's 2 shirts, Sightseeing's scarf, Dinner's dress, necklace, and shoes, and Bar's top and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment