Saturday 1 March 2014

Leopard Maxi 6 Ways!

I'm back again for another "One Item Many Ways" post, this time with my favorite black leopard maxi dress. I have a long history of buying the featured item in the posts in this series (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here), and this time is no exception. When I saw that this leopard maxi was selling out fast, I snapped up the last one on Asos.


Leopard Maxi 6 Ways

Leopard Maxi 6 Ways by mjchirpich-1 featuring a tweed jacket
As always, click on the image to take you to the product links and view image in a larger size

Notables:

  • Summer Wedding: The dress print works as a neutral just as well as a print, so why not mix some more animal prints into the mix? In the summer I like to keep things easy-breezy, so I wear minimal jewelry and thick heels that won't kill me by the end of the night :)
  • Work (B&W): Because the print is a little edgy for work, I'd tone down the sexiness with a structured blazer, cute pumps, my new favorite watch, and some coral accents for color.
  • Work (Blue): Sometimes matching is good. I love the slight peplum on this jacket, and it would be fun to have some color peeping out from under the long skirt.
  • Winter Wedding: I find winter weddings really hard to dress for. I'd cover my legs in the long maxi skirt, add a colorful leather jacket, and top it all off with a fun printed clutch and lucite necklace.
  • Play (citron): leopard print practically begs to be paired with leather, so I'd add a geometric leather jacket, edgy wedges, and a fun pop of citron in the purse.
  • Play (jade): I'm obsessed with the color of this Marc Jacobs purse, so I'd let it take center stage. Pop a crop top over the dress to put more focus on the flowy skirt.
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dress, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be too small (XS was the only size left, and I think I'll need a small or medium). I may have to get creative with a tailor if I love it like I think I will! I'm currently 6/9 on keeping the items I buy from these posts though, so let's hope my luck continues to trend that way :)

EDIT 3/6/14: My dress arrived and I'm returning it without even trying it on. The print look really cheap and the edges of the chiffon were very poorly finished--they were all fraying already. Not worth the price tag unfortunately--so the hunt continues!

How would you rock this dress? Do you consider leopard a neutral?

No comments:

Post a Comment