Thursday 9 June 2011

Anna's place

My bff is moving out of her current apartment into a place of her own....time to get my decorator on!! Here are a few images that make me think of her....not necessarily things she would pick on her own I don't think, but ones that remind me of her style. She's really into neutrals (we joke about how her bridesmaids dresses will all be champagne and gold) and simple, classy silhouettes. Basically all the same words I would use to describe this photo:


I like this one for its simple color palate but lots of visual interest:



Ann you know how you have those orange accents now? Add a little blue and voila!

I think that interesting fabrics on classic silhouettes are the way to go for her. This room is simple but has a lot of visual interest, just like the one I summarized above (even though they look nothing alike!)


I could see this being her bedroom.

And I think a nice airy living room would be a great way to unwind after a long day at grad school. This room is great because all you have to do is swap out the pillow for a whole new color scheme!

Anna recently bought a plain wood cabinet on Craigslist (I got her hooked :) and wants to dress it up a little. I think an option like this is beautiful:


Similar color scheme and idea, Danika from Gorgeous Shiny Things is selling these soon and I think they're awesome. Anna, this is what I was talking about when I said glue balsa wood (or whatever) onto the front and paint it cool. You could also paint it all one color for a less dramatic look (and since I'm lazy, if I were doing it myself I'd do something much simpler haha)


You could also ask for a wallpaper sample at your local store, glue it on, and put pretty knobs over that!


If you don't like the idea of gluing wood/wallpaper on in case you ever want to change it, I really want to try a project like this! Paint a base coat, then use a white/silver/gold/whatever light colored Sharpie in the pattern you choose!


The pattern on the headboard would work well on the corners of your doors....just some ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely images. Love image #2, #3 and #6.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete