Black and White Shirt:
- Leggings and sandals. Boom. Easy weekend outfit (just make sure the shirt is long enough to cover your bum--leggings are NOT PANTS!)
- Try the top tucked or untucked into the harem pants, obi belt tied at waist, with other brown leather accessories (I've been loving brown leather with black lately...)
- Tuck the shirt into the skirt, pattern mix with leopard flats, and add an easy gold bangle
Boho Patterned Top:
- Paired with silky cream pants, nude heels, and simple accessories, this outfit would be lovely at a brunch or baby shower
- Sport a lace skirt, leather booties, and a crossbody bag at your favorite summer concert
- Jeans, a blazer, and heels make anything look good. Try this for dinner plans.
Pink Tie-Neck Blouse:
- Pink and green are oh-so-preppy. Add heels and a bracelet to tone down the crazy.
- Try layering the blouse under the top--either bow or tie the neck of the blouse. May work, may not, that's the fun of remixing your clothes!
- Mix pinks with the crossbody bag and add neutral tones with the black skirt, leopard flats (they're neutral too! I promise!) and a bangle
- Blazer, jeans and heels again...I'd wear this out at night, and maybe add the pendant necklace too
- Tuck the shirt into the cream silky pants, plus heels and a necklace, to dress the tee up
- Tuck the shirt into the harem pants, then add an unbuttoned chambray shirt with flats for an easy, chic weekend shopping outfit
- Wear tucked into the skirt or knotted over the top; flats keep it casual
- Try layering this under the dress (may work, may not); heels make it office-appropriate
- Again, try knotted over top, layered underneath the dress, or just unbuttoned. You could even try this buttoned up so just the skirt's flounce shows!
Do you ever find that certain items are much easier to remix in your wardrobe than others? For example, I can think of a billion ways to wear a chambray shirt, but remixing dresses sometimes stumps me. So to challenge myself.....the dresses, remixed:
Black Dress with Drop Waist:
- My very similar dress arrived yesterday, and I'm wearing a riff on the outfit shown above right now! The dress has enough interest that all it really needs is heels and a bangle to make it hot :)
- Try putting the shirt over the dress so only the skirt flounce shows--could be cute or fugly! Leopard print and b&w stripes always work together I think!
- Do a little more black and brown mixing--try the obi belted over the dress, add clutch and booties for a more casual approach to this dress.
- Blazer + Heels...duh. Take this for a spin at work!
- Pendant, obi, and nude heels bring an interesting flavor to this dress. Summer-party worthy.
- The more casual version of the outfit shown with the chambray shirt above, you can try styling the buttonup in a variety of ways and keep it chill with flats.
- Put the focus on the interesting dress collar by wearing a skirt over top of the dress. Blazer + heels never, ever fails.
- Take the opposite approach--focus on the dress as a skirt by adding the long shirt on top. Worn with flats makes the dress much more casual.
- Blazer, heels, bangle...are you getting the memo on this combo yet?? :) Ditch the blazer for a wedding-worthy ensemble!
How would you wear these items?
Other posts on remixing can be found here: