Thursday 7 March 2013

Winter Blues Shopping

Welp, I think the winter is really getting to me, and I'm compensating by taking advantage of all the crazy sales going on for whatever reason (seriously, what's up with that? It's even close to any holiday!). I'm finally filling some holes in my wardrobe basics...wanna see?


Recent Purchases




1. This year I decided that my ratty college intramural sports tshirts weren't cutting it at the gym anymore, so I picked up this GapFit Motion Racer Tank via a Christmas giftcard. I quickly fell in love with it! It breathes really well, stays PUT throughout my entire workout, and is a little longer than most tanks--it hits right at my hip bones. So I decided to stock up during a recent Gap sale and got two of the patterned ones (in the colors shown). I highly recommend these tanks and wear them to yoga all the time!

2. At the beginning of the winter I bought a pair of thin black leggings from Banana Republic, which I wore constantly until my puppy snagged a hole into them with her teeth :S The BR pair are no longer for sale so I bought these Gap Stretch Knit Leggings, hoping that these are the Gap version! Oh and PS, there's no need to EVER buy something full price from Banana Republic, Gap, or Old Navy, because they constantly have online sales running, typically for 15-25% but I got these and the tanks for 30% off :)

3. I've worn my black Target ankle booties to death this year, and I've been on an eternal search for a brown leather version. I finally pulled the trigger on these Steven by Steve Madden Wesleyy booties. I'm excited that they're nubuck (rather than the cheaper suede) and they're so versatile! Although the image shown is from Zappos, I actually got mine for much cheaper from belk.com (click here). They're running a Friends and Family sale so I got these $150 pair of booties for $80 including shipping :) Can't wait to give them a whirl!

4. Aaaaand as you may have guessed from this post, I did end up getting this Asos Mini Dress with Dropped Waist. On sale for $30 (and always-free shipping), I'm still anxiously waiting for it to arrive, but when it does you bet your (Steven Wesleyy) booties that I'm going to style it up like so! You can never go wrong with a LBD, and my closet has been sorely missing one since my last go-to bit the dust :)

Anybody else succumb to the winter blues and had their credit card suffer as a result?? Do share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment