Tuesday 24 May 2011

Sometimes Life (and Craigslist) just isn't fair

Ok so I've been searching Craigslist Minneapolis for stuff for my best friend's apartment....and it's just not fair. I limited my search to $50 and STILL had to go through more than 5 pages just to get to stuff from yesterday, there were so many posts! And while the Craigslist gods of SLC only offer up gems once in 60,000 blue moons (see here for my one and only gift from the SLC gods), Minneapolis Craigslist is PACKED with goodness!! WHY?! Why do bad things happen to good people!??!?!

Exhibit A:


I mean REALLY. Campaign chest? NEVER shows up in SLC searches. This bad boy was listed as "retro dresser" and is..how much would you guess? Would you guess FIFTEEN DOLLARS!?!?! Cuz that's what they're asking for this. Are you fricking kidding me. If you happen to be in Minneapolis and for some reason see this post....go here, and then post pretty pictures of how you use it in your house. I'd get rid of the stupid partitions inside the doors and make the chicest TV stand ever. EVER. Perhaps lacquer it in some crazy cool color, or maybe just leave it alone and let those gorgeous brass details do the talking. Mmmmm...

And if that's not enough, here's a little more to rreeeeeeeaaaally burrow the salt in my Craigslist-loving wounds...


LOOK AT THIS DETAILING:

FIVE MOTHER TRUCKING DOLLARS. ARE YOU KIIIIIIIIIDING ME?!?! Seriously. Heart palpitations here. The ad mentions that it has a 'crackle finish' which everybody knows is code word for shabby chic ugly shit, so I'd probably spray paint it and put some awesome fabric on that cushion. Daaaaaammmmmit Minneapolis Craigslist. Go here if you're a lucky soul in the area....I'm so pissed right now, Why the FUG did I move to Utah?!?!

Anyway. I'm going to go bitterly to sleep now. Please commiserate, and someone for the love of God come up with a good reason for why in the hell SLC Craigslist sucks so bad. Exhibit A.

No comments:

Post a Comment