Thursday 25 July 2013

Feel-Good Go-To Summer Work Outfits

Let's face it. When I wake up for work in the morning, typically the last thing I feel like doing is getting creative with my wardrobe. I get into ruts where I wear the same outfit in different variations (blazer, shell, pencil skirt/dress, necklace, wedges)....and it gets old!

I've found that I'm more productive on days when I look and feel good, so I decided to come up with a list of staple summer work outfits that make me feel good. Now when I get up in the morning, I have no excuse to not look pulled-together and cute!


Feel-Good Go-To Work Outfits


Top Left: This maxi/jean jacket/stripe shirt outfit is definitely more on the casual side of things (I wore it for Casual Friday last week), but there's just something about going back to basics that makes me feel comfortable and put together.

Top Right: I also wore this last week and felt so summery! With the yellow top knotted at the waist, this simple outfit kept me cool and collected. It would also be cute with the top tucked into wide-leg white trousers to dress it up a bit more.

Middle Left: Sheath dresses are a staple of many working women's wardrobes (say that ten times fast), and I love that this one jazzes up a staple with its bold hue. Layering necklaces is really easy, but I always forget to try it out--simple gold jewelry and heels look nice with the structured dress.

Middle Right: Surprisingly, the green pleather skirt I blogged about months ago has become a wardrobe essential. Unlike your typical plain-Jane work skirt, this one takes center stage, so dressing around it is really easy. No matter what you put with it, it seems to flatter!

Bottom Left: Sometimes I feel like dressing a little more artsy, so I'll pop on my standard pencil skirt and a shell but funk it up with some chunky jewelry, python heels, and an eye-popping nail polish shade.

Bottom Right: You really can't go wrong with the blazer/pencil skirt combination at work, but to keep things interesting and fun, try new shapes like a peplum tank and top it off with a statement necklace that goes, but doesn't necessarily match, your outfit. I've found my mint blazer to be super versatile and plan to invest in more colored blazers soon, since they make my black basics so much more fun :)

What do you wear when you want to look and feel good at work?

PS: See my picks for go-to summer outfits for PLAY here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment