Monday 6 May 2013

Bedroom Design Board

Remember this post on my dream living room?


Nature-Luxe Living Room


It's gotten me thinking about how neutrals, done well, can be very soothing yet still interesting. My boyfriend and I have been working on our house a lot lately and I've been itching to switch up our bedroom. It's in the basement with only one small window, so it doesn't get great light.

It's painted white now, with the hopes of making it brighter, but as so commonly happens in low-light rooms it just looks dingy. The boy has said he'd like a dark, dark navy bedroom, so I've taken that idea, plus my living room moodboard, and run with it.

In looking at my Pinterest boards, I've noticed a theme of dark bedrooms with woods, whites, and metals to provide contrast. Here are some of the lovely images inspiring my own room makeover:

I've always loved this masculine space from Refinery 29.


This is from a Design Sponge post--wall color is Benjamin Moore Blue note, which is a strong contender for my room.


The EveryGirl mixes all my favorites--dark colors, wood, white, and a pop of girly pink!


The designer behind Emerson Made has my all-time favorite living room. Love the mix of metals, wood, nature, glass, and fabrics. 


I found this on Emily Henderson's blog but don't know that wall color! Anyone? This is actually my ideal color.


This image really influence my overall scheme--love the mix of blues and dark grey/black. Wall color is  Behr Ultra English Channel.

So after lots of pinning and pining, here's the general plan for our new bedroom: 


New Bedroom Plan





Details:

  • We already have the Hemnes nightstands and dresser, the Minnesota art, the Tastes Orangey print, and the Fathom map of the US (it's biiiiig--and the frame we have it in is actually silver
  • In putting together this blog post I discovered the square brass lamp pair and promptly purchased them. I can't wait to receive them!
  • In the lower left, you see a square of navy linen and some Indian block print stamps--I want to try my hand at block printing for an accent pillow!
  • We plan to make our own wood headboard (we made the bed frame this weekend according to these easy directions--only took a couple hours!), rather than buy the overpriced shit bedset shown.
  • I'm in love with the Mia and Finn shams, and they have the stamp of approval from my man! Love the variation in printing.
  • We want to snap up this duvet cover, as our current white one doesn't exactly play well with our puppy...
  • We'll start by painting an accent wall where the bed goes, then perhaps do the bottom half of the other walls dark blue as well, with chair molding where the other color starts.

What are your thoughts?


All sources can be found at the Polyvore board or my Pinterest boards Inspiration: Bedroom and Inspiration: Living Room.

1 comment: