Thursday 31 January 2013

Grievances and Great Art

Small rant time: 

I cannot possibly be the only person in the blogging world who is tired of seeing posts about Alt Design Summit. I live in SLC, and I still don't care about these recaps. If you're going to post on the same topic as everyone else who attended, at least make your content original and informative to your readers (I didn't go to Alt myself, but I'm pretty sure that those themes would've been prevalent in the conference--so it's ironic to me that all these bloggers are posting on the same. exact. shit.). If I have to read one more sentence about the 'importance of a media kit' with no information on why it is important or what to include, I may scream.*

End rant.


On a MUCH more positive note, my super-cool brother alerted me to the presence of an awesome artist whose work I had never seen before (something that's difficult to achieve in our Pinterest-crazy world-which I admittedly contribute to). I'm pleased to introduce the work of Ed Fairburn for your viewing pleasure:







Amazing, right?

There are MANY more wonderful works where these came from, so please visit his website for more eye candy!




*A notable exception to the above Alt rant is Bailey from Peppermint Bliss, who addressed some interesting topics in her critique/recap of the event. So yay Bailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment