Saturday 5 January 2013

Designer Spotlight: Lucy Fenton

In the age of Pinterest, blogs, and online magazines, I have found myself a bit disenchanted with interior design, because by the time I see a beautiful home once I feel like I've seen it a thousand times--both because I have (self-imposed, through reading too many design resources) and because it seems like there's nothing new under the sun.

However. I recently read this great article, which linked to this great article, on the blog Mix and Chic. Jesse of Mix and Chic featured the work of Lucy Fenton, and I literally gasped out loud and scrolled forward and back several times so I didn't miss anything.

You may be familiar with Ms. Fenton's work through her feature in the June 2011 issue of Adore Home magazine (the living room she designed, below, even made it onto my "For when I design my dream home" board!).



I love it now, I loved it then, and I can't believe how much of this designer's fantastic work I'd never seen before! So, for your own viewing pleasure, please drink in the goods below:









This article from Desire to Inspire describes her work as "A must see gallery if you love colour with a touch of ethnic aesthetic, vintage with midcentury re-invented and the unexpected, always the unexpected". Um yes? That's basically me in a nutshell. LOVE


For many, many more images of her beautiful work, please see this article, this article, and Ms. Fenton's own website.

For an interesting interview with Lucy Fenton, please read what she had to say over at Design Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment