1. Gap Harbor dress: I have a similar dress from Old Navy that I wear to death, but it's shrunk too much to wear to work now! For reference, I'm usually a small or medium at Gap, and this dress was too big in the waist in medium. Still love it though--can't wait to get it in small! The waist detail is really flattering.
2. Minnesota Typography Map: Home state pride! The typography represents all of the counties in Minnesota. Perfect for my bedroom when I'm feeling homesick!
3. Amy Sia for Society 6 iPhone case: This was a surprise gift, not on my list, but I have the full-size print poster of this artwork and love it so my mom gave me the portable version! :)
4. Giro ski helmet: After living in Utah for 3 winters, I've finally forked over the dough for a season pass to one of the local ski resorts. Can't go skiing without a helmet, and this one looks great with the new ski jacket my boyfriend gifted me (see below)!
5. Black Diamond headlamp: Another surprise gift, this headlamp is going to be so handy for so many activities I love, like hiking, canyoneering, playing with my dog at night, camping, etc. Can't wait to bust this out!
6. Kris Nations State Pride necklace (in Minnesota, of course): love this simple, chic necklace to represent my roots! :)
7. No More Dirty Looks: After reading the NMDL blog for a while, I decided to put the book that started it all on my list. I started reading on the plane and can't wait to finish it!
8. Anthro Chemist vase: Love this tongue-in-cheek reference to my nerdy science background, and that it will bring a little class to my boy-dominated abode :)
Last but not least, my boyfriend got me this super-bright, super-warm Marmot jacket that serves well on its own or as a liner to a ski jacket. I wore it during my visit home to zero-degree Minnesota and kept toasty the whole time! Loooove it!
In looking at my Christmas haul, I am struck by how well my loved ones know me. The gifts I was given represent many sides of me, from the creative to the scientific to the outdoorsy parts of me. I'm so blessed with the family, friends, and significant other that I have, as well as the many blessings of my job, home, health, etc. Happy holidays to you all--hope your break was as filled with love as mine! :)