Monday 6 September 2010

Kate's Paperie's amazing, affordable products!

As I've stated I am: 1) Obsessed with interior design 2) a grad student 3) broke (see number 2) and 4) trying to design my new place on a re-diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiculously small budget. So of course, I've been scouring the internet like crazy for cheap ways to beautify my space. And what did I stumble across today? Kate's Paperie.

This paper supply/gift bag/really friiiiiggggiinnnn cuuuuuute store has some amazing products for really reasonable prices. Take this knockoff Tord Buntje lamp that's been circulating like crazy in the design world:
Pendant Paper Lamp Midsummer Light, White
Wanna know how much it is? $88 big ones. That's right. This gorgeous lamp could be yours for under $90 (well, plus the $7 lighting rig).

But that's not all! Since I can't afford even that beautiful lamp, I was wandering around her site and found these giftwraps, which I think would be gorgeous framed on a wall:

Cavallini Gift Wrap Sheet, NYC Subway
I see this NYC subway poster in a mod/retro office with silver chairs and sky blue cushions, a white parson's desk, a yellow desk lamp, and Kate Spade blue-and-green striped and polka-dotted desk accessories.

Slab Serif Alphabet Gift Wrap Sheet
This would be adorable in a hip little girl's room, with one of those mini Eames rockers in pink.

Green Hydrangeas Gift Wrap Sheet
This one screams Anthropology to me...living room with lots of mid-century wooden furniture, a streamlined couch, and an amazing Danish credenza, perhaps?

And how about these in a chic master bedroom, probably with yellow or grassy green accents and lots of white (monogrammed pillowcases, por supuesto)?
Gift Wrap Sheet, White & GrayGift Wrap Sheet, Nocturne White on Black

Zinnias Gift Wrap Sheet
I'd loooooove to see this in a fun eat-in kitchen with cute retro cups and plate to match, white Bertoia side chairs with geometric-print cushions, and a Saarinen pedastel table. Although that might be a bit too predictable--a roughed-up white farm-style table could look equally amazing.

These two would be great in a kid's playroom or study:
Cavallini Gift Wrap Sheet, ABCCavallini Gift Wrap, USA Map
And finally we come to the one I am planning on getting for my living room, seeing as I'm obsessed with travel and we conveniently have an aqua blue thing going on:
Cavallini Giftwrap Sheet, Hemispheres Map
OH and did I mention? They are FOUR DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS EACH!!!!! BAHHHHH! Can't lose!!

One more thing: I'm really really into this print....would it be creepy displayed in a home?
Cavallini Gift Wrap, Phrenology

So what do you think? Are these prints worth finding the oddly-sized frames needed to make them work?

No comments:

Post a Comment