Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tiny Beautiful Details

So lately I've been really focused on tiny little details. I've been taking photos on the macro setting, I'm obsessed with the texture of fabrics...so I tracked down a poem I read in Chile by the famous Chilean Nobel Prize winner Pablo Neruda....if you haven't read his work yet....do. It's amazing. If you read Spanish it's even more amazing in the native language but there are some pretty good translations all over the Internet too. Here goes, his poem titled "Your Feet":

Your Feet

When I cannot look at your face
I look at your feet.
Your feet of arched bone,
your hard little feet.
I know that they support you,
and that your sweet weight
rises upon them.
Your waist and your breasts,
the doubled purple
of your nipples,
the sockets of your eyes
that have just flown away,
your wide fruit mouth,
your red tresses,
my little tower.
But I love your feet
only because they walked
upon the earth and upon
the wind and upon the waters,
until they found me.

How friggin' romantic is that?! So in the spirit of tiny details, I've decided to show a couple of details that I seem to be obssessed with, as I have multiple photos of multiple rooms with the same theme.
Theme one: Monogram letters:


I don't even know what the appeal is, exactly. I just know I like it, darn it!

Theme #2: Blackboard paint, in kitchens, bathrooms....wherever, really. The easily changeable decor appeals to me, a person who changes around her things constantly!
I LOVE this concept.....who really needs a mirror in a bathroom anyway? Save yourself the early-morning criticism and just accept that you look marvelous....



.....this last one was also posted based on the principle that Coco Chanel is right. So wise, that one.... ;)

Theme three: Pops of yellow: It's just too damn cheerful not to like!


I know that I'm really into something when I don't like anything else about the design--I'm really not into the gloomy grey--but even I have to concede that I love how the colors pop against the grey...


My favorite thing about this is that it was probably an ugly old guilt frame before and with just a coat of bright cheerful paint, the frame becomes modern. Combo of classic and modern? I'm there.




I never even use a landline.....but I want that phone.


Well it's late and I'm tired, gonna head to bed but I hope you enjoyed the details that I'm fixated on right now. If only I had a place of my own in which to make them come to life.....sigh. Suenos dulces, todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment