Monday 8 June 2009

The Orange

So I have this summer job. It's at a library. I enjoy it and everything, but honestly....it's at a college library in the summer. Not a whole lot going on. So in my down time, I have gotten into the habit of scouring internet interior design sites. Pouring over the beautiful things that other people have created got me to thinking about the beautiful things in my own life. It made me realize that so often, I take what I have for granted and don't really give those things the credit they deserve. But if I make a point to stop and highlight those things, perhaps I will enjoy them more.

So here it is, a brand new blog that probably nobody will read, which is kind of ok with me. It's like a my own little secret that is just waiting to be discovered by somebody else. My point in this blog is to post things that make me happy--things that are beautiful, things that make me laugh, think, ponder, things that make me angry and thus probe the topic deeper. Basically I'm going to post things that interest me. Maybe they'll interest somebody else, or maybe nobody will ever read this. But it's kind of cool to have that uncertainty.

Post #1 of something that makes me happy: This poem by W.B. Yeats called Had I the Heavens' Embroidered Cloths.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.



Happy thing number two: the exposed brick in this apartment.



Two random happy things, I suppose....but get used to it :)

OH! And one last thing: PAOLO NUTINI just released a new cd. I haven't listened to it yet but I'm sure that while maybe nothing will stack up next his "These Streets" 2007 release, the kid can really do no wrong so it'll be fabulous too. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment