Wednesday 5 September 2012

How to spend $100

Although I'm having trouble getting back into work mode, one nice surprise is helping ease my way.  I recently won a $100 gift card from Beso.com, so of course that money is burning a hole in my pocket! The way I see it, free money can be spent one of two ways: on several smaller items to cross things off your shopping list, or on one big splurge item that you couldn't afford otherwise.

How to spend $100

For example, on our left we have several items that have been on my shopping list for a while.
1. Black maxi. Because duh, it's super versatile. This one is $20.
2. Black leather-look leggings. Because everyone looks so hot in them this season! Prices at Asos have varied from $22-30 for this pair.
3. Cell phone cover. Because I've dropped my current one to the point of no return, and covers should be pretty! $35.
4. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Because according to every beauty blogger ever, this is the best thing since sliced bread. $20.
5. Shoe pouch. Because now that my boards are over, I want to get back into running, and I hate carrying cards/keys in my hands. $5

OR

1. Frye Vera Short. Because I've lusted over Frye boots since high school, these are on sale for $210, and $110 out-of-pocket is likely the cheapest I will ever find a pair of Frye boots (especially ones I love!)

So what would you do? Lots of smaller items, or one big splurge? Me, I'm leaning towards the boots...



How to spend $100 by mjchirpich-1 featuring frye boots

No comments:

Post a Comment