Thursday 20 September 2012

Beauty Regimen

I always think it's interesting to learn about other people's beauty regimens, so today I thought I'd post mine!

I have traditionally been very very very low-maintenance--if I blow-dried my hair all the way and put on mascara it was a good day. However, since starting my new job I've obviously had to step up my game on the beauty front. Turns out wet hair isn't professional...

Anyway, here are my go-to products for daily skincare and makeup.

Skin care regimen




1. Vasante BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. Ok have to admit, I've only used this once, right after I got a sample in my Birchbox. But call me crazy, I think my face really did look brighter, and it's definitely smoother! The crystals in it are a bit rough so I only plan to use it every 2-3 days, but I like it so far.
2. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen: I use this at night before I go to bed, or if I don't wear my tinted moisturizer. It's light, scentless, and doesn't feel greasy.
3. Neutrogena Naturals puryifying pore scrub: This is lots more gentle than the Vasante, but still feels like it gets my face clean. I use it at night before the moisturizer.
4. Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant. I just started using this product as well--I use it in the shower every morning. You shake the powder into your wet hand and rub it into a creamy paste. It has mechanical and chemical exfoliation, but it's really gentle. I've noticed a nice difference in my skin since I started using it, both in how soft it now is and also it appears less blotchy or dry.
Makeup Regimen




Until I made this post I didn't realize what an Almay/Maybelline junky I am!
1. Almay eyeliner: just the right amount of smudginess, in a couple different colors.
2. Almay Smart Shade concealer: comes out of the tube white then transforms into my skin color...what IS this magic? The concept is actually cooler than the product--I'm on the lookout for a new concealer that covers a bit longer/is longer lasting.
3. Almay Get Up and Grow mascara: loooove this. Actually makes my lashes look longer, yet still very natural. Highly recommend.
4. Almay Liquid Eyeliner: I've tried lots of liquid liners and keep coming back to this one. The tip is perfect for precise application and easy to use. It stays put where you want it to but easily washes off and doesn't get into my eyelashes too much. Love it!
5.Maybelline Dream Blush BB Cream: while I'm not convinced that BB creams (no matter the brand) actually are better than regular tinted moisturizer, I enjoy the light coverage of this one and feel like it has a good level of moisturizing. Tube is fairly small for the price though.
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush: I actually don't use this one but couldn't find the Dream Mousse Blush that I do use and adore. Hope they haven't gotten rid of it! The mousse blush is easily blendable and comes in several lovely colors.





What About These?



And then there are the products I don't actually use, but would love your opinions on.
1. Clarisonic Mia: I've heard lots of great things about the Clarisonic. Anyone know if it's worth it for normal to dry skin? I've only ever seen recommendations from people with oily skin...
2. Dermalogica sheer tint: I tried a sample of this and liked it but have a hard time swallowing the price tag....anyone know of a better/cheaper alternative? Anyone actually discovered a BB cream that's worth the hype? Or another tinted moisturizer?
3. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: I actually got a sample of the Matte Tint and didn't think it was anything special when I put it on, but later in the day I noticed that my skin looked better than usual in the mirror. I've heard good things about the luminizing version (I prefer dewy looking skin to matte), so maybe I'll have to bite the bullet on this one...



Please send in your suggestions for favorite products--I'm always on the lookout for my 'holy grail' product!


No comments:

Post a Comment