Sunday 23 September 2012

Birchbox Review

Recently I signed up for a monthly subscription to Birchbox. This program send "monthly deliveries of high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands." Then, if you like the products they serve up, you can buy the full-size product at their website, and each purchase wracks up Birchbox points. After so many points, you can cash them in for free products!

I figured, for $10/month, it would be a fun way to experiment with products that I'd normally shy away from due to their full-size price alone. 

So what did the Birchbox's September box serve up?

Cute little box with tissue paper wrapping.


Inside I found:
1. Kate Spade New York Twirl perfume sample
2. Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
3. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Linen
4. Birchbox and Color Club Custom Collection in Tweet Me
5. La FRESH Eco Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover
6. Mighty Leaf Tea Pouches

Plus: 


A sample pack with:
1. Matrix Total Results Curl Boucles
2. Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution
3. Dermalogica Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover
4. Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream
5. Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque

So what's my verdict on Birchbox?
Perfume smelled yummy. Enzymatic face rejuvenator works well but is a little rough on my skin. Nail polish works well but I'd had rather had any of the other colors--this was a little too neon for me. Matte moisture tint evened out the tone of my skin but wasn't really that moisturizing. I'm in love with Dermalogica's daily exfoliant, so maybe I'm biased, but the hydrating masque worked well and I've yet to try any of the other samples!

My takeaway is this:  obviously not every product will work for you in each Birchbox, but it WILL open your eyes to new products you may not have heard of. I will say that it's a nice little luxury and made me feel a bit pampered...which, to me, is worth the $10 per month! I'm excited to see what next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment