Thursday 3 June 2010

It's been a while...



Wow! Haven't posted a new blog in forever! So to make up for it, I have a pretty pretty color combo that really jumped out at me as I was scouring my saved images. Grassy green and deep purply plum look so amazing together that I do believe I've saved every image ever with this color duet. I love it so much that it's the inspiration for my bedroom once I relocate in August to attend grad school....enjoy!


This photo represents the first time the two colors really caught my eye....grassy green and a plummy lavender...mmmmm....


A punchier version of the duo....fushia and bright green look modern with a glamorous touch when you add the beautiful gold mirror.



Ok so technically there's no purple here but these great velvet chairs are too amazing not to show...

...so to make up for that one, here's a lovely pic that's mostly plum :) Love the shot of green via the flowers!


Interesting combo here....fushia-y purple plus more of a forest green aren't two colors I'd put together naturally, but they look pretty here!



Aaaaaand my favorite photo....the gold lampshades killlll me. I would've done something different for the bedside tables, probably a dark wood to warm it up a little or a rattan to match the bed frame peeking out from under the linens....but the colors are amazing nonetheless!

And here's a final one which I've posted on before....that's how much I love it :)

Just a note, when the green is grassy like in several of the above images, gold accents look amazingly glamorous, but I think that if you were to take a more celedon/celery color with a purple that had more grey tones to it (such as the photo directly above), silver could look beautiful too. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment