Thursday 1 May 2014

Year-Long Closet Budget Update: April Purchases

As long-term readers know, this year I outlined my clothing budget to add closet basics to my wardrobe each month.

As a quick refresher, I put together a list of items I need to help fill in the holes in my closet and assigned each item to a particular month of the year, capping each month's budget at $200 total. Here's what my calendar looks like:


Year-long Closet Budget

Originally, March called for a striped shirt, April was black heels, black wedges, and black sandals....but I switched things up a little based on what I found to add to the closet!

As you can see, April's 'closet basics' purchases were a striped skirt, black wedges, and t-strap sandals. I had some extra room in the budget, and I need a dress for a couple weddings this spring, so I also picked up this fun printed maxi dress.

April 2014 Purchases

Price: $79.02, on sale for $39.51
Notes: This skirt is a thick, stretchy material with white chiffon on the bottom. It comes up higher on my waist than I was expecting from the pictures, but it's still flattering and comfortable.

Price: $99, on sale for $72.45, with $30 gift card = $42.45
Notes: I fell in love with these at Nordstrom but couldn't quite pull the trigger at $100, especially since they weren't as plain-Jane as my original inspiration wedges (and thus not quite as flexible within my closet). But lo and behold, Amazon had them on sale and I just so happened to have a $30 Amazon gift card. #winning

Express Double T-strap Wedge Sandals (sold out)
Price: $50, on sale for $29
Notes: Originally my calendar called for black t-strap flats, but I really need neutral ones to go with the maxi dress for these upcoming weddings, plus they'll go with the dress I'm wearing as a bridesmaid in July! That's $10/wear in weddings alone...so I pulled the trigger.

Price: $50, on sale for $40, with 30% off sale = $28
Notes: I don't know the last time I set foot in an American Eagle, but I saw this printed maxi on Pinterest and ordered it in pink and the blue print. The pink one is really cute, too, but looks a little more 'teen' than I wanted, so print it is! The dress is really comfortable thanks to elastic in the back waist and the bra cups are lightly padded so you don't have to wear a strapless bra! (if you have bitty boobies like me, that is ;) Can't wait to pair it with a neutral blazer for these chilly spring weddings, then rock it with the gold sandals for outdoor concerts this summer!

April Budget Total: 
$39.51 + $42.45 + $28 = $109.96 (for $228.02 worth of items)
Over/under on April $200 budget: -$90.04
Over/under for the year since March: -$221.96

Here's a couple ways I plan to wear the new items in my wardrobe!

April Wardrobe Updates



Other posts in this series:

No comments:

Post a Comment