Sunday 10 February 2013

Regrets/Replacements: Hair Volumizing Product

Throughout my journey to greener products, I've only really been disappointed in a couple of categories  of products. One, I can't seem to find a mascara that doesn't flake, doesn't smear, and doesn't burn my eyes. Two, I had the hardest time finding hair products that won't make my thin but full hair greasy, limp, or straw-like.

Since I really loved everything I tried from Andalou Naturals, I decided to give their Full Volume Spray a whirl. Disappointment. Made my hair look greasy and any volumizing benefit died by the time I drove 3 miles to work.

Fortunately, I recently found something I like much better! 

Pump Up the Volume




The Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Directional Root Lifting Spray really delivers. You just quickly spray it at your roots while your hair is damp, then style as usual. I've found that it has provided nice, lasting lift to my hair. It does make it feel a little drier than usual, but it doesn't look dry. You do have to be careful not to overdo it, because your hair can start feeling grungy,  but if you use it sparingly it does a bang-up job! I've found it for $4.98 so it's very cost-effective, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment