Friday 12 October 2012

Going Green! Acure Organics

For those of you who took the time to read my last post, thank you so much! For those who didn't...I don't blame you. Thems were lotsa words. The gist of it is this: I'm transitioning my skincare and beauty products from conventional cosmetics to green/organic/natural products. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, you may wish to click the links from my last post.

The first 'green' brand that I want to highlight is called Acure Organics. I've chosen them as my first subject for a variety of reasons.

  1. They are easily accessible for many people since Whole Foods stocks them.
  2. In the realm of organics they are relatively affordable while not compromising on quality. In fact, my Whole Foods has them on sale until the end of the month (and on Tuesdays they're another 15% off!).
  3. From all accounts I've read they are a reputable company, meaning that they really take this whole 'organic' thing to heart. They aren't a brand that claims to be organic but really only has one organic ingredient amongst of slew of toxins. 
  4. Best of all, they support a cause that I'm really passionate about. The founder of Acure Organics created the company in tribute to her grandmother who fought breast cancer for 10 years. When you purchase most (if not all) of their products, proceeds go towards Bright Pink, a fantastic support resource that I refer a lot of my cancer patients to. Since I respect the work of Bright Pink a lot, I'm happy to put my hard-earned dollars towards a beauty company that also supports them.
  5. Lastly, they work! I literally haven't read a negative review of this company's products yet, and I've done a LOT of diggin!


Here's a collection of Acure Organics products that I've specifically heard great things about:

Acure Organics



I stopped by Whole Foods today and picked up the night cream, facial cleaners (the gel-based one, not the creme showed here), the brightening facial scrub, and the shampoo. I've used the night cream already and it feels really moisturizing without being overly greasy or heavy. I also used the brightening scrub, which made my face baby-smooth without drying it out. I'll update with reviews once I use the products more!

PS: That Acure Organics Argan Oil is $11 at Whole Foods right now! I don't know what makes it better or worse than any other 100% argan oil (probably the extraction process, like cold-pressing), but reviews of the product are great--seems like it may be a great place for a 'save' instead of a 'splurge'!


PPS: For an interesting interview with the founder of Acure Organics please read this article by Fig + Sage.


No comments:

Post a Comment