Monday 7 April 2014

Spring 2014 Capsule Wardrobe

I recently posted a series on how to create a capsule wardrobe, so in that spirit, I've decided to put together an example of a capsule wardrobe for spring.

There are many ways you can create a capsule wardrobe--some might decide on a number of tops, bottoms, and shoes, etc., or pick a specific color palette and work off of that. My theory is to start with staples, add in patterns and color, and figure out what I need to complete my outfit options...like so:

Spring Capsule Wardrobe
Notes:

  • Staples: I think that any wardrobe needs some variation of a blazer, denim top (whether that's a chambray buttonup or a denim jacket), a striped top, black skirt, jean skinnies, black heels, and black cigarette pants. 
  • Patterns: once you've established your basics, you need to add in patterns for interest. I like adding florals, stripes, and animal prints, because I think they can all mix together well.
  • Colors: most wardrobes benefit from a little color. For this one, I added a variety of colors, but you might choose to do just cool colors, or warm, or variations on pink/blue/purple etc.
  • Fill-ins: Every wardrobe needs a fun pair of patterned heels, casual sneakers, and black wedges, as well as a pair of silver and gold earrings, a funky scarf, and a statement necklace.
So how would I wear this wardrobe? See below:




Capsule Wardrobe: Outfit Options


No comments:

Post a Comment