Tuesday 23 July 2013

Living Room Redesign: Take Two

Isn't it funny how falling in love changes everything? Your world seems brighter, your concentration focuses, and it's hard to think about anything but the object of your affection.

I'm talking, of course, about finding a pillow that changes your whole design plan.

To back up a step, I was plugging along with my living room design, and thought I had come up with a solid color scheme of citron, paprika, greys, and whites:

Living room ideas
Living room ideas by mjchirpich-1 on Polyvore (the two rugs on the right are alternative options to the one originally shown)


Problem is, I haven't been able to find textiles that live up to the plan in my imagination. Even the ones shown in my moodboard don't really tug at my heartstrings.

Then I came across this amazing malachite pillow at Tonic Living, and my whole design plan changed. I showed the pillow to my boyfriend, who surprisingly also liked it (solid sign we're moving in the right direction!). I started putting together a new design board and realized that I really want to make the pillow the room's star. So I simplified the color scheme to black, white, grey, and the green of the malachite pillow:

Living Room Design: Take 2


As you can see, I still have a deep abiding love for these coral Target curtains, so I'm trying to work them in somehow to the new design plan, but I have a feeling they're going to get axed in favor of the above Ikea curtains, to which I plan to apply a black trim for a little pizazz.

This scheme feels much more tailored than my other design, but I think I like it. It also lets me work in this python Furbish tray, which I've also been eyeing forever, so yay for that! :) I'm planning on hitting up my local World Market to see whether the b&w rug shown is as nice as I'm hoping, so I'll keep you posted!

What do you think of the new design plan? Which do you prefer?

Living room ideas  Vs.    Living Room Design: Take 2

No comments:

Post a Comment